Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5K on hold

Well, my training for the 5K ended two weeks ago. I've been struggling with pain in my bad knee off and on for years and years. It kept me from doing things like skiing, hiking, etc. but wasn't ever bad enough for me to want to do anything about it. Since my new running program, it steadily became more and more painful to the point where I couldn't even walk without pain. So I stopped running and made an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. He said that my x-rays came out fine - no arthritis or any joint damage. He thinks it sounds like torn cartilage but won't know until I get an MRI done on Saturday. It if it ends up being torn cartilage, they can go in with a very small scope and repair it. It's an outpatient procedure and I don't even have to be put under for it. I'll update after results of MRI come back.

No comments: