Thursday, September 24, 2009

Who is the ultimate survivor?

For Channing's friend party, we had a survivor themed party. I bought blue and red "buffs" and Channing wanted his team to be red. They named themselves "The Clones" and the other team named themselves "BSU" and wore the blue buffs. BSU had 4 on their team because we had an odd number show up.

I had 10 challenges for them to do and each one was worth a point. The team that ended up with the most points were titled the Ultimate Survivors. The Clones won! There were a few challenges that I didn't get any pictures of because I had to help with them. The coolest challenge was the obstacle course at the end. Each person on the teams had to run the course and we timed them. The team with the lowest combined time won. The course went like this: pop a balloon, throw a frisbee into a basket, stack 10 plastic cups into a pyramid, climb up the rock wall, go down the slide, walk across the lawn holding a teaspoon with a tennis ball in it (if you dropped the ball, you had to go back to the slide and start over), walk across a very narrow balance beam, stuff a soccer ball up your shirt and without the ball falling out, ride a scooter through 6 cones, then race back and touch the next person's hand.

It was a really fun party and it was by far the cheapest party I've ever done - most things we just had around. After everyone went home, Channing told me, "The party was everything I hoped for" so I guess Jason and I did good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having a survivor party is so clever. You really thought of fun things for the kids. I don't know if I could have done some of the challenges though! What fun!
D