Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Getting ready for Kindergarten!

Rylan turns 5 on April 29th and so yes he will be starting Kindergarten in August. He knows his letters, can count to 50, colors, shapes, and a few sight words. The problem is he hates to write his letters or numbers. I have tried to tell him how important it is to be able to not just recognize his letters and numbers but to be able to write them as well. He writes his name and that's about it. After a very frustrated "Alphabet writing" session, I asked him, why do you hate to practice writing so much? His answer: "I am not really interested in learning". Oh boy! Do I have my work cut out for me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Sheree!! He is so big. That is going to be fun - trying to inspire a desire to learn more. Maybe Kindergarten will reveal a better picture when he sees that other kids like learning besides Channing and Mommy!

Shauna