Jason turned 40 on July 1st. I wanted to throw him a surprise party. As the date was approaching he kept fishing around asking "So........are you having a party for me?" I wanted it to be a genuine surprise so on his actual birthday, I had my parents and my sister's family come over for a BBQ. He thought that was all. Then, on July 17th, I invited all of his friends and spouses for a surprise party at a restuarant downtown Boise. He thought we were going on a double date with friends of ours and was hugely surprised when we walked into the banquet room and there was everyone! I was going to get all of these pictures, but got caught up in the moment and forgot. So, all I have are the before pictures of his Boise Bronco cake (notice the number is 40 for his b-day). You will notice that there is a smaller cake which was his own individual cake with minimal frosting - he hates frosting. I also got pictures from his childhood and put them in frames around the tables for centerpieces. We did a roast on him and it was hillarious to hear stories from his friends. The food was really yummy too!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Jason's 40th Birthday party
Jason turned 40 on July 1st. I wanted to throw him a surprise party. As the date was approaching he kept fishing around asking "So........are you having a party for me?" I wanted it to be a genuine surprise so on his actual birthday, I had my parents and my sister's family come over for a BBQ. He thought that was all. Then, on July 17th, I invited all of his friends and spouses for a surprise party at a restuarant downtown Boise. He thought we were going on a double date with friends of ours and was hugely surprised when we walked into the banquet room and there was everyone! I was going to get all of these pictures, but got caught up in the moment and forgot. So, all I have are the before pictures of his Boise Bronco cake (notice the number is 40 for his b-day). You will notice that there is a smaller cake which was his own individual cake with minimal frosting - he hates frosting. I also got pictures from his childhood and put them in frames around the tables for centerpieces. We did a roast on him and it was hillarious to hear stories from his friends. The food was really yummy too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment