Just wanted to leave an update on my knee situation. I had an X-ray and thankfully no joint damage or arthritis. So, the doctor thought it might be torn cartlidge, which apparently doesn't heal on its own. So, off for an MRI. I have never had an MRI and hope to never have one again. I thought it would be like an X-ray - get into the machine and take a couple of pictures--the end. Well, I was hugely mistaken. I was in the MRI machine for one hour while having to hold perfectly still. I mean seriously! How long does it take to get a good image of my knee tissue.
Well, the diagnosis is "hypoplasia trochlear groove" which basically means that the groove in which my knee cap is suppose to fit into is very shallow and so my knee cap doesn't have a groove to really fit in therefore it just sort of floats around. The doctor said I should never really attempt to run or even speed walk as a form of exercise - that biking or swimming would be best - still a good cardio workout but low impact to the knee. I have to admit, I am actually relieved that I now have a medical excuse for not jogging! I hated it anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment